We respect your right to privacy.
We only give your name or personal information to third parties that are the Project Creators for which you donated to. The following info is what the Project Creators receive, and why:
- Company Name and whether they match donations – In order to understand which local companies have the most giving employees, and to follow up for the purposes of a corporate donation match.
- First/Last Name, email, home address – In order to follow up with charitable receipt forms for tax purposes, and to stay in touch on future events, fundraisers and general info. Cause To Fund also uses home address information to understand what cities/zip codes/geographic areas give to charitable causes, so we can build targeted marketing campaigns to the appropriate demographics.
- Your interest in volunteering – In order to provide the Project Creators with lists of potential volunteers for future projects, events, fundraisers or general volunteering needs.
- Gender / Age – Cause To Fund uses this information to understand what genders and age ranges give to charitable causes, so we can build targeted marketing campaigns to the appropriate demographics.
- Individual / Company – Cause To Fund uses this information to understand if individuals or companies are making most of the donations, so we can build targeted marketing campaigns to the appropriate demographics and entity types.
PayPal Payments and Stripe.com process the transactions on the Cause To Fund site. No one sees your credit card information, not even Cause To Fund. All transaction submissions are protected via strong SLL encryption directly with the various payment gateways. All credit card information stored for future donations are NOT stored on our servers directly for your data security, and our process and implementation meet the Payment Card Industry’s Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) to “protect stored cardholder data.”
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. We will send you email relating to your personal transactions. We will keep these emails to a minimum.
You will also receive certain email notifications (Project updates, thank you notifications, forwarded messages, etc.), for which you may opt-out.
We may send you service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so.
Project creators receive the email addresses of their backers whether or not the Project is fully funded, in order to follow up with those that have shown an interest in their cause and/or charitable organization.
Technology / Security
Cause To Fund may obtain IP addresses from users. We will use this information to monitor and prevent fraud, diagnose problems, and (anonymously) estimate demographic information.
We use a variety of security measures, including SSL encryption in the forms used to collect data within Project pages, to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information. Your personal information is stored behind firewalls and is only accessible by a limited number of people who are required to keep the information confidential.
When you place donations we use a secure form to collect personal data and payment information. To the extent you donate via the secure method and your browser supports such functionality, all credit card information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Regardless of these efforts by us, no data transmission over the public Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose in public areas becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by other users. You should exercise caution before disclosing your personal information via these public venues, such as posting comments.
Cause To Fund Project Creators agree to not abuse other users’ personal information. Abuse is defined as using personal information for any purpose other than those explicitly specified in the Project Creator’s Project, or is not related to fulfilling delivery of a product or service explicitly specified in the Project Creator’s Project.
Cause To Fund Project Creators never receive users’ credit card information.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright Law).
If you have questions or suggestions, please Contact Us